What to Expect
The Facilitation Assessment is intended to provide valuable feedback to coach candidates and is intentionally a difficult assessment. It’s a 2-hour Governance meeting that you will be facilitating and coaching while you facilitate — as you would for a client organization. We will have 2 assessors (Certified Holacracy Coaches) following a script as if they were members of the client company. After each proposal, the assessors will review your facilitation with you and provide feedback.
The assessment is designed to be challenging so as to ensure a high-quality certification program. Regardless of the score or certification, consider it a learning tool as much as an assessment.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. You’ll also be able to ask questions to the assessors at the beginning of the session, before the assessment starts.
The facilitation/coaching for each proposal will be scored primarily on the following criteria (in no particular order):
- Demonstrating knowledge of process mechanics
- Neutrality of energy throughout the assessment
- Balance between providing timely and effective coaching to seize learning opportunities and allowing participants to learn by following the process
Each facilitated proposal will be scored on a scale from 0 to 3:
- 0 – Missed: Misses the mark, or introduces significant inaccuracies that outweigh the benefits of the response.
- 1 – Useful: Provides useful information, and the benefits to the client outweigh potential inaccuracies or lack of nuances. (Level expected of a Certified Facilitator)
- 2 – Empowering: Accurate and well-articulated coaching that enables the client to move forward in their specific case. No inaccuracies. (Level expected of a Certified Coach)
- 3 -Transformative: Accurate, cohesive, and well-articulated coaching that enables the client to move forward in their specific case. The coaching conveys an insight that supports the mind-shift from conventional management to Holacracy, so that the client is able to translate that learning to other aspects of their work. (Level expected of a Certified Master Coach)
NOTE: The assessment is NOT scoring any initial introduction you may do as a guest Facilitator, nor the check-in, administrative concerns, and building of the agenda. The focus of the assessment is on how candidates help the participants process their governance agenda items.
Setup for the Governance meeting session
2 Assessors and 1 Candidate
- Hygean’s governance in GlassFrog: http://www.holacracy.org/hygean-assessment
- The Secretary will be played by one of the assessors.
- We will use GlassFrog to capture the governance proposals. Please make sure you’re familiar enough with GlassFrog to facilitate a governance meeting remotely.
- We’re going to use the Zoom platform to conduct the live virtual meeting
- Simulation backstory: Hygean has recently adopted Holacracy, and they’ve hired your company to help them make the transition. You’ve just been added to the implementation team, and you don’t know them personally. They have already had 3 governance meetings, so it’s their 4th one.
Here’s what you need to set up ahead of time:
- A high-speed internet connection (suitable for video/audio conferencing like Skype)
- A webcam
- A good microphone
- Headphones. If you don’t wear headphones, we will likely have echo, which will make it impossible to conduct the meeting.
- Install the Zoom Plugin: https://zoom.us/download (choose “Zoom Client for Meetings”)