Zappos has been using Holacracy since 2013. It is to date the largest company to have adopted Holacracy, and it has received a lot of press attention for doing so.
Below is a curated list of articles and resources about Zappos’ transition to Holacracy. There are too many articles in the press to list them all here, but we have listed the ones we believe are the most informed (and less sensationalist).
- Thanks For All of Your Concern, But… — Matt Dunsmoor, Zappos employee, Sep 2015
- Here’s what happened to Zappos’ HR boss when the company got rid of managers — Business Insider, Feb 2016
- Banishing The Bosses Brings Out Zappos’ Hidden Entrepreneurs — Forbes, Apr 2016
- Tony Hsieh got rid of bosses at Zappos — and that’s not even his biggest idea — Washington Post, Dec 2015
- How Zappos will run with no job titles (Video) — CNN Money, Feb 2014
- Fireside Chat Between Brian Robertson and John Bunch (Video) — Holacracy Community of Practice, Apr 2015
- Holacracy and Self-Organization — Zappos Insights
- The Zappos Holacracy Experiment — Harvard Business Review, Jul 2016
- Here’s how the ‘self-management’ system that Zappos is using actually works — Business Insider, Jun 2015